Password Locker (pwlockr)
Pwlockr is a password management program.
- Shell-like text user interface
- Data encrypted with GPG
- Simple tab-delimited file format
- Master password is saved in memory for as long as the program runs.
- Neither the password nor decrypted data are ever written to disk.
- The script should run on any system with Python3 and GPG installed.
- Requires no installation. You can bring your password locker with you anywhere.
- Can be contained in single Python file (see Distribution bellow)
- POSIX OS
- Python 3.2 or later (Python 3.3 recommended)
Run the program, type master password. New locker file will be created.
You are now in the shell. The basic workflow is as follows:
- add some passwords
- list the records
- select a record
- print the password
See help for list of all commands.
Bundled password generator can be called from command line (
or internally from shell. Try
add user <tab>.
Pwgen is based on system word list usually found in
By default, it makes password from two words concatenated with an underline
and two random characters inserted at random places.
This gives around 50 bits of entropy on my system. 
See :mod:`pwlockr.pwgen` for more information.
make to combine all sources into single Python script.
Distributable script will be created in
Put it next to your password file.
Additional requirement for Python 3.2 is
It can be installed from pypy (
pip3 install funcsigs).
make static32 to also embed funcsigs source into pwlockr
distributable script (funcsigs package must be installed prior to that).
Nicer alternative for static script is zipapp format. 
make zipapp33 to create