Kindle ebook making
kindle_maker is a Python tool which, given a set of html files and a plain text file with toc message, creates a MOBI file that you can directly use on you Amazon Kindle (or any other device that supports MOBI documents).
Want to see what it looks like? Take a look at examples!
- A working Python 3 environment (tested on OS X + Python 3.7 + Virtualenv and other platforms on travis).
- Amazon's KindleGen binary (Just do nothing while I have downloaded it for you)
- (optional) Source your virtualenv.
pip install git+https://github.com/jachinlin/kindle_maker.git
- prepare html files and a toc.md file in a source dir.
- write a script
from kindle_maker import make_mobi source_dir = 'put the source dir here' output_dir = 'where you want to put the output mobi file' make_mobi(source_dir, output_dir)
- or call in a command-line tool
make_mobi <source_dir> <output_dir>
This will create a
<output dir>. You can now transfer this
file to your device.
see examples at examples.