- MCUSH is the short name for MCU-SHell.
- A practical project that enhance microcontroller serial port console with shell features like in many linux systems.
- The goal of the project is to provide a firmware template that will expand commands for new applications, so it should be designed with simple API and easy to use.
- MCUSH is initially based on FreeRTOS, but can also be adapted to other RTOSes.
- The core shell runs as a stand-alone task with middle level priority.
- Test suites and templates written in python are privided to ease the test work and create CLI/GUI applications.
- Hosted on github: https://github.com/pengshulin/mcush
- Python core module released on PYPI and installed by 'pip install mcush'
- command functions are called with arguments in form of argc and argv
- arguments parser with short option '-' and long option '--'
- low memory requirement, suitable for some tiny chips
- prompt hook function for customize
- compact history command list
- multi-line input
- may port to different architectures, but currently it runs on CORTEX-M only
- NOT SUPPORT:
- lineedit features that require multi-bytes (such as array keys, shell colors...) are not supported, only simple features that require single-byte (such as BACKSPACE, Ctrl-A/B/C/D/E/F/K/N/P) are supported
- run the basic shell on STM32 chips
- use USB virtual com port driver provided by ST
- add file system support (spiffs...)
- add file utils (ls,cp,rm,cat,...) for file system
- add ST/HAL Driver support
- ported to RTX5 platform
- test embedded dynamic languages (eg. lua/picolisp/tinyscheme/micropython...)
- add bootloader and upgrade support
- add practical utilities for lwip network, such as traceroute, ntp update...
- add remote debug support
- arm-none-eabi-gcc, newlibc, arm-none-eabi-gdb, cgdb
- scons + personal MCU build scripts https://github.com/pengshulin/site_scons
- STLink v2 + st-flash(flasher) + st-util(gdb server) https://github.com/texane/stlink
- develope and test on Debian/Ubuntu machines
- Snapshots: https://github.com/pengshulin/mcush/tree/master/snapshots
- Demo videos: https://github.com/pengshulin/mcush/tree/master/demo_video Suitable for beginners and give you a brief overview.
- Windows/VCP(Virtual Com Port) driver: https://github.com/pengshulin/mcush/tree/master/vcp_driver
- tiny controller: https://github.com/pengshulin/mcush/tree/master/hardware_tiny
- source codes:
- As this is my personal software toolkit, you can use it freely only for non-commercial purpose.
- Contact the author for commercial authorization, or it's NOT AUTHORIZED.
- binary executables:
- images provided in build directory are free as BSD
- hardware design files:
- similar to the source codes: need commercial authorization
Contact Shanghai Linkong Software Technologies Co., Ltd for commerical support. http://www.linkongsoft.com/
Peng Shulin firstname.lastname@example.org Shanghai, China 2020