nanosite is a static site generator in Python. It's designed to cut through all of the boilerplate and leave the entire structure of your site as flexible as possible. Feedback and pull requests are welcome.
For full documentation and a tutorial, check out nanosite's website: nanosite.
- Personal portfolio: wanganzhou.com
- Cornell Undergraduate Research Board: curb.cornell.edu
- Blog: janezdu.github.io
- Write your content in simple Markdown format, or templated HTML.
- Create a blog or static pages or a combination of both.
- Built-in server — develop your site live.
- Bare-bones and extremely flexible.
How to Install
nanosite uses Python 3. Download the repo and run setup.py install:
python setup.py install
How to Use
To start a new site, simply run
nanosite at the terminal, in the directory you want the site to be in. Follow the prompts to generate a blank site. Run
nanosite again to serve your site, which you can view at http://localhost:8000/.
nanosite import blog for a ready-made blog template featuring posts, static pages and an archive.