Tools to help the community with planning exoplanet observations.
PandExo is both an online tool and a python package for generating instrument simulations of JWST’s NIRSpec, NIRCam, NIRISS and NIRCam and HST WFC3. It uses throughput calculations from STScI’s Exposure Time Calculator, Pandeia: Pandeia + Exoplanets = PandExo. This documentation contains information on how to download, install and analyze PandExo output.
Should I install PandExo or use the online interface?
- I will be using PandExo for more than 10 runs
- I want to submit bash runs
- I want to use the online GUI but don't want to be subject to any slow downs because of high user frequency
- I want to be able to use plotting functions to analyze my output
Install EVEN if...
- I am scared of Python
Do not install if...
- I will only be using PandExo fewer than 10 times
- Python >=3.8
- Installation: https://natashabatalha.github.io/PandExo/installation.html
- PandExo now requires downloading three folders: 1) JWST instrument info (from pandeia), 2) stellar SEDs (pysynphot), and 3) normalization bandasses (pysynphot). See installation for furthur instructions: https://natashabatalha.github.io/PandExo/installation.html