ppgr (Python Piped GRapher)
ppgr is available through pip, installation is as easy as
pip install ppgr.
ppgr should work with all machines that have Python 3.4 or newer and a sane-ish terminal emulator.
DO NOT expect the APIs (CLI or otherwise) to be stable during the 0.x.x versions. I will follow semantic versioning to at least some degree.
ping -i 0.5 220.127.116.11 | sed -run 's/.*icmp_seq=([0-9]+).*time=([0-9.]+).*/\1 \2/p' | ppgr --min-y 0
Shows really nicely with what kind of inputs
ppgr already excels at.
bash -c "while true; do dig google.com reddit.com twitter.com | sed -run 's/.*Query time: ([0-9]+).*/\1/p' | tr '\n' ' '; echo; sleep 1; done" | ppgr --format t t t
Not very useful without colors/lines between points.
All contributions are greatly appreciated. If you find any bugs or errors, or would simply like to see some feature, please create an issue in GitHub. I will also accept sane pull requests.
(in a somewhat priority order)
- More and better documentation
- Do a few simple examples with asciinema
- Create a simple page to ppgr.github.io (or similiar url)
- More examples
- x and y axes
- each data set (if using colors)
- for points (although it won't be perfect since there are up to 8 "pixels" per characters
- Pre, post and formatprocessors
- Lines between points
- Bar graphs?
- Running average
- Basic statistics from all points (or data sets)
- Support and test Python 2.7 (?)
- Improve how points are drawn to screen (don't draw everything again on every frame)