The qpageview module
qpageview provides a page based document viewer widget for Qt5/PyQt5.
It has a flexible architecture potentionally supporting many formats. Currently, it supports SVG documents, images, and, using the Poppler-Qt5 binding, PDF documents.
import qpageview from PyQt5.Qt import * a = QApplication() v = qpageview.View() v.show() v.loadPdf("path/to/afile.pdf")
- Versatile View widget with many optional mixin classes to cater for anything between basic or powerful functionality
- Rendering in a background thread, with smart priority control, so display of large PDF documents remains fast and smooth
- Almost infinite zooming thanks to tile-based rendering and caching
- Magnifier glass
- Printing functionality, directly to cups or via Qt/QPrinter
- Can display pages originating from different documents at the same time
- Can show the difference between pages that are almost the same via color composition
- And much more! And...all classes are extendable and heavily customizable, so it is easy to inherit and add any functionality you want.
- Python 3.6+
- python-poppler-qt5 (needed for display of PDF documents)
- pycups (optionally, needed to print to a local CUPS server)