ramses_rf is a client library/CLI utility used to interface with some Honeywell-compatible HVAC & CH/DHW systems that use 868MHz RF, such as evohome, Sundial, Hometronic, Chronotherm and many others.
It does three things:
- decodes RAMSES II-compatible packets and converts them into useful JSON
- builds a picture (schema, config & state) of an evohome-compatible system - either passively (by eavesdropping), or actively (probing)
- allows you to send commands to evohome, or monitor for state changes
- allows you to emulate some hardware devices
The simplest way to know if it will work with your system is to identify the box connected to your boiler/HVAC appliance as one of:
- R8810A: OpenTherm Bridge
- BDR91A: Wireless Relay (also BDR91T)
- HC60NG: Wireless Relay (older hardware)
Other systems may well work, such as some Itho Dallderop HVAC systems, use this protocol, YMMV.
It includes a CLI and can be used as a standalone tool, but also is used as a client library by:
git clone https://github.com/zxdavb/ramses_rf cd ramses_rf pip install -r requirements.txt
The CLI is called client.py:
python client.py monitor /dev/ttyUSB0 -o packet.log