A URL shortener for Rutgers University. For more information, contact Rutgers Open System Solutions.
Uses MongoDB. Python code targets Python 3.6.
Python dependencies are enumerated in
pip.req. You can set up an appropriate
virtual environment with the following:
$ virtualenv --no-site-packages --python="python3" virtualenv $ source virtualenv/bin/activate $ pip install -r pip.req
After setting up the virtual environment, you can generate HTML documentation
./build_docs.sh from the root of the project. The documentation will
be placed in
- Log in with a Rutgers NetID
- Create a short URL from a long URL
- Given a NetID, what URLs have they created?
- Analytics on visits
URL Shortening Service
- Given a short URL, redirect to the long URL
- Track visits to the short URL
- Track popularity and number of clicks
assuming you're in the root of the git repo
- change the version in shrunk/setup.py and shrunk_test/setup.py
git tag <your version> -m "some description/changelog"
rm -rf dist/ shrunk.egg-info
python3 setup.py sdistputs a tar in dist/
python3 -m twine upload --repository-url https://test.pypi.org/legacy/ dist/*to upload to test pypi
python3 -m twine upload dist/*to upload to pypi WARNING: Don't use bdist_wheel. bdist_wheel refuses to exclude config.py, so if you have one in here for testing, it will package it and give our secret and privs out to the public WARNING: make sure config.py is not in the package