Questions? Answers? General thoughts?
IRC: #fast-food @ irc.oftc.net Email: iggy(at)theiggy.com
Django webmail package
What would you like to see? This package (mostly) fits my needs as is (minus some send/reply/fwd improvements I have planned). I'm interested to know what users would like to see out of the package.
to run locally:
- make sure requirements are installed (See below)
- $ cd /path/to/simone.git
- create local_settings.py (at some point you will at least want SECRET_KEY set)
- $ python2 manage.py syncdb --pythonpath=.. (go through the creating superuser process)
- $ python2 manage.py runserver --pythonpath=..
- Open up a browser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin
- Add a new user to use
- $ python2 manage.py changepassword --pythonpath=.. newuser
- In your browser, logout
- Go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/mail
- Fill in your IMAP details
reading email.... that's about it for now
- django (1.6+)
- imapclient (pip install imapclient)
- probably python-2.7 (it's all I've tested, theoretically 2.6+ should work)
(NOTE: do not intall imaplib2)
- jQueryUI (including the overcast theme)
- JsonTree (https://github.com/Erffun/JsonTree)