Python module for simple key-value storage backed up by sqlite3 database. The typical use case is a URL to HTTP data cache, but it can also be used fo non web ressources.
dictinterface allows natural usage (
if key in cache,
value = cache[key], etc.)
- Optional Zlib, BZIP2 or LZMA compression
- FIFO or LRU cache eviction strategies
- Optional thread safe interface to work around Python Sqlite3 'same thread' limitation
- Provides cache hit rate statistics
Installation (from PyPI, with PIP)
web_cache requires Python >= 3.3.
- If you don't already have it, install pip for Python 3 (not needed if you are using Python >= 3.4)
- Install web_cache:
pip3 install web_cache