A tool for managing ChromeDriver downloads and updates
- Automatically downloads the latest stable version of ChromeDriver.
- Compares the local ChromeDriver version with the latest online version.
- Updates ChromeDriver to the latest version if necessary.
- Works on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Python 3
- Download Google Chrome
- pip install selenium
- Additional required packages listed in
Clone this repository from GitHub
git clone https://github.com/competencytestlvl/webdriver_auto_update.git
Install the required package from PyPI:
pip install webdriver-auto-update
Navigate to the directory where you've cloned or downloaded the repository
Run the following example
from webdriver_auto_update.webdriver_auto_update import WebdriverAutoUpdate # Target directory to store chromedriver driver_directory = "/path/to/driver/directory" # Create an instance of WebdriverAutoUpdate driver_manager = WebdriverAutoUpdate(driver_directory) # Call the main method to manage chromedriver driver_manager.main()
- The objective of this program is to reduce redundancy of searching and downloading the updated version of chrome driver to the OpenSource community.
- Intended to be used in Selenium projects, browser testing or web automation.
Contributions are welcome! If you find any issues or want to add new features, feel free to submit a pull request or reach out to me.