WireST SDK is a library for Linux gateways that allows easy access to the data exported by an IO-Link device that implements the IOLinkST Protocol.
Documentation can be found here.
This version of the SDK is compatible with Python 3.5 and runs on a Linux system.
The WireST SDK makes use of the pySerial Python interface to serial ports on Linux.
$ sudo pip3 install pyserial
Moreover, it uses the concurrent.futures module to run pools of threads in background, that serve listeners' callbacks.
$ sudo pip3 install futures
The WireST SDK can be installed through the Python pip package manager.
$ sudo pip3 install wire-st-sdk
Setting up the application examples
Before running the application examples, please prepare your devices as described here below:
- The example_iolink_1.py application example shows how to connect IO-Link devices to a Linux gateway, to set their parameters, and to get data from them. The application requires to have a masterboard, e.g. the STEVAL-IPD004V1 evaluation board, connected to IO-Link devices, e.g. the STEVAL-IPD005V1 evaluation board, with a FW compatible with the IOLinkST Protocol.
Other application examples which show how to send data to the cloud can be found within the EdgeST SDK for Linux, an IoT edge computing abstraction library for Linux gateways.
Running the application examples
To run the application examples please follow the steps below:
- Install the WireST SDK as described by the Installation chapter.
- Clone the WireST SDK git repository to download the application examples:
$ git clone https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/WireSTSDK_Python.git
- Enter the "wire_st_examples/iolink" folder and run the desired script:
$ sudo python3 example_iolink_x.py
COPYRIGHT(c) 2019 STMicroelectronics
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of STMicroelectronics nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.