Plain YAML, plain CloudFormation command line client. Based on boto3.
Comapres to tool xy
What is the difference to the existing
aws cloudformation [...] tool?
- YAML support. Plain cloudformation json is also supported since json is also valid yaml.
- Optimized for commandline usage and continous integration tools like jenkins:
- Easy to see progress: Live log output.
- Easy to use in build scripts: Waits for success and fails on error.
- Convention-over-configuration: If you name your cloudformation file
mystack.cf.yamlthen yamlcf uses by default
What is the difference to high-level abstractions e.g. terraform? yamlcf does not extend CloudFormation or introduce a custom DSL, it is just a tool for easier usage. You can simply rely on the given cloudformation documentation of AWS (and the AWS support).
No tool dependency: Just convert your yaml back to json and use the AWS cloud-formation tools.
You need python 3. Install yamlcf via pip:
sudo pip install yamlcf
AWS credentials are looked up in the usual sources (environment, local config file, instance profile, ...)
Tools that fit to yamlcf
- aws-keychain-util puts your aws credentials in the keychain