Single-page chat with Tinode
The app is about 200KB minified and gzipped. That includes all dependencies (React, ReactDOM), fonts, graphics, css etc.
Although the app is generally usable, keep in mind that this is work in progress. Some bugs probably exist. The app was tested in the latest Chrome & Firefox only. NPM package is available at https://www.npmjs.com/package/tinode-webapp.
Background pattern from http://subtlepatterns.com/, commercial and non-commercial use allowed with attribution.
- Read client-side and server-side API documentation.
- For support, general questions, discussions post to https://groups.google.com/d/forum/tinode.
- For bugs and feature requests open an issue.
The app is fully internationalized using React-Intl. The UI language is selected automatically from the language specified by the browser. A specific language can be forced by adding
hl=XX parameter to the URL, i.e. https://api.tinode.co/#?hl=ru.
As of the time of this writing there are only two translations. More translations are welcome. Send a pull request with a json file with translated strings. Take a look at English and Russian translations for guidance.
- Previews not generated for videos, audio, links or docs.
- No end-to-end encryption.
- Emoji support is weak.