NUnit 3 Framework
NUnit is a unit-testing framework for all .NET languages. Initially ported from JUnit, the current production release, version 3, has been completely rewritten with many new features and support for a wide range of .NET platforms.
Table of Contents
Documentation for all NUnit projects are hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/nunit/docs/wiki.
NUnit 3.0 was created by Charlie Poole, Rob Prouse, Simone Busoli, Neil Colvin and numerous community contributors. A complete list of contributors since NUnit migrated to GitHub can be found on GitHub.
Earlier versions of NUnit were developed by Charlie Poole, James W. Newkirk, Alexei A. Vorontsov, Michael C. Two and Philip A. Craig.
NUnit is Open Source software and NUnit 3 is released under the MIT license. Earlier releases used the NUnit license. Both of these licenses allow the use of NUnit in free and commercial applications and libraries without restrictions.
NUnit is made up of several projects. When reporting issues, please try to report issues in the correct project.
- NUnit Test Framework - The test framework used to write NUnit tests (this repository)
- NUnit Console and Engine - Runs unit tests from the command line and provides the engine that is used by other test runners to run NUnit tests
Visual Studio Extensions
- NUnit 3 Visual Studio Adapter - Visual Studio adapter for running NUnit 3 tests in Visual Studio and in VSTS/TFS builds
- NUnit Visual Studio Templates - Project templates and snippets for writing unit tests in Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Test Generator - Generates NUnit tests in Visual Studio
- NUnit 2 Visual Studio Adapter - Visual Studio adapter for running older NUnit 2.x tests in Visual Studio and in VSTS/TFS builds
- NUnit GUI - Runs NUnit 3 tests in a GUI based runner
- NUnit Xamarin Runner - Runs NUnit 3 tests on mobile devices using the Xamarin framework
- NUnit .NET Core Runner - Runs NUnit tests compiled against .NET Core
- NUnit Installer - Creates the installer for the NUnit Console, Engine and Extensions
- NUnit Project Editor - Edits the NUnit Project format
NUnit Engine Extensions
- NUnit 2 Driver - Allows the NUnit 3 engine to run NUnit 2 tests
- NUnit 2 Result Writer - Writes test results in the legacy NUnit 2 format
- Visual Studio Project Loader - Loads and parses Visual Studio projects and solutions
- NUnit Project Loader - Loads NUnit projects
- TeamCity Event Listener - Allows you to run and integrate NUnit tests into TeamCity