Ready-to-use and customizable users management for FastAPI
Source Code: https://github.com/fastapi-users/fastapi-users
Add quickly a registration and authentication system to your FastAPI project. FastAPI Users is designed to be as customizable and adaptable as possible.
- Extensible base user model
- Ready-to-use register, login, reset password and verify e-mail routes
- Ready-to-use social OAuth2 login flow
- Dependency callables to inject current user in route
- Pluggable password validation
- Customizable database backend
Multiple customizable authentication backends
- Transports: Authorization header, Cookie
- Strategies: JWT, Database, Redis
- Full OpenAPI schema support, even with several authentication backends
In a hurry? Discover Fief, the open-source authentication platform
Implementing registration, login, social auth is hard and painful. We know it. With our highly secure and open-source users management platform, you can focus on your app while staying in control of your users data.
- Based on FastAPI Users!
- Open-source: self-host it for free or use our hosted version
- Bring your own database: host your database anywhere, we'll take care of the rest
- Pre-built login and registration pages: clean and fast authentication so you don't have to do it yourself
- Official Python client with built-in FastAPI integration
Contributors and sponsors
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!
We use Hatch to manage the development environment and production build. Ensure it's installed on your system.
Run unit tests
You can run all the tests with:
hatch run test
Format the code
Execute the following command to apply
hatch run lint
Serve the documentation
You can serve the documentation locally with the following command:
hatch run docs
The documentation will be available on http://localhost:8000.
This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.