Team and repository tags
The Monasca Agent is a modern Python monitoring agent for gathering metrics and sending them to the Monasca API. The Agent supports collecting metrics from a variety of sources as follows:
- System metrics such as cpu and memory utilization.
- Nagios plugins. The Monasca Agent can run Nagios plugins and send the status code returned by the plugin as a metric to the Monasca API.
- Statsd. The Monasca Agent supports an integrated Statsd daemon which can be used by applications via a statsd client library.
- Host alive. The Monasca Agent can perform active checks on a host to determine if it is alive using ping (ICMP) or SSH.
- Process checks. The Monasca Agent can check a process and return several metrics on the process such as a number of instances, memory, io and threads.
- Http Endpoint checks. The Monasca Agent can perform active checks on http endpoints by sending an HTTP request to an API.
- Service checks. The Agent can check services such as MySQL, RabbitMQ, and many more.
- OpenStack metrics. The agent can perform checks on OpenStack processes.
- The Agent can automatically detect and setup checks on certain processes and resources.
The Agent is extensible through the configuration of additional plugins, written in Python.
For an introduction to the Monasca Agent, including a complete list of the metrics that the Agent supports, see the "Agent" detailed documentation.
The Agent is extensible through the configuration of additional check and setup plugins, written in Python. See the "Agent Customizations" detailed documentation.
Agent Customizations github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/docs/Customizations.md
Monasca Metrics github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/docs/MonascaMetrics.md
Agent Plugin details github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/docs/Plugins.md
- License: Simplified BSD License
- Source: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/monasca-agent
- Bugs: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/861 (please use bug tag)