Decoction is a static site generator written in Elixir. It is currently experimental.
Decoction comes with an installer as a mix archive which will expose a mix task
decoction.new for generating new a decoction site. For now you have to build
and install the archive locally. Checkout the installer's
$ mix decoction.new my_site && cd my_site $ mix decoction.prepare $ mix decoction.serve
Point your web browser to http://localhost:4000
Readme Driven Development
I wanted to explore Elixir and the tools it come with. Writing a static site generator seemed like an exciting way to to do that because:
- Fundamentally, static site generators are about transformation of data, which is what functional programming encourages. Elixir would be a great fit for the job.
- Elixir ships with tools like Mix, EEx, which could be used right off the shelf, for building, templating.
- Also, why not Elixir(ify) everything?
- Simple - Make it super simple to create and modify content.
- Fast - Make it super fast at what it does primarily - building the site. We can take advantage of Elixir's concurrency paradigms to really achieve this.
- Extensible - Make it easy to extend the tool to fit any use case for building a static site. Elixir does this already internally. It's so extensible as a language that the language is written mostly written in itself (powerful macro system).
Copyright (c) 2015 Vignesh Rajagopalan
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.