SC-IM is a spreadsheet program that is based on SC (http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/apps/financial/spreadsheet/sc-7.16.tar.gz) SC original authors are James Gosling and Mark Weiser, and mods were later added by Chuck Martin.
Some of the features of SC-IM
- UNDO / REDO.
- 65.536 rows and 702 columns supported. (The number of rows can be expanded to 1.048.576 if wished).
- CSV / TAB delimited / XLSX file import and export.
- Scripting support with LUA. Also with triggers and c dynamic linked modules.
- Clipboard support.
- GNUPlot interaction.
- Sort of rows.
- Filter of rows.
- Cell shifting.
- 256 color support - screen colors can be customized by user, even at runtime.
- Colorize cells or give them format such as bold or underline.
- Wide character support. The following alphabets are supported: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Turkish, Czech, Japanese, Chinese.
- Implement external functions in the language you prefer and use them in SC-IM.
- Use SC-IM as a non-interactive calculator, reading its input from a external script.
- More movements commands implemented !
- Input and Output was completely rewritten.
About the name, the idea is that the program can be identified as another vim-like app. SC-IM stands for Spreadsheet Calculator Improvised. :-)
- Edit Makefile file according to your system and needs.
- Inside /src folder run:
- Optional: You can install the binary 'sc-im' in your system by typing with a privileged user:
Homebrew for OSX users
brew tap nickolasburr/pfa brew install sc-im
Ubuntu with XLSX import & export
See this wiki page.
~/.scimrc contains configuration data. Here is an example.
set autocalc set numeric set numeric_decimal=0 set overlap set xlsx_readformulas
Other configuration variables are listed in the help file.
Want to help? You can help us with one or more of the following:
- giving SC-IM a star in GitHub
- taking screenshots / creating screencasts showing SC-IM
- making a donation (see below).
You can help SC-IM development by making a DONATION with PayPal.
If you wish to make a donation, please click the above button or just send money to firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal, choosing "Goods and Services".