It utilizes core OpenDaylight components, which are available as a set of libraries and are adapted to run in a plain Java SE environment.
This branch maintains compatibility with OpenDaylight Magnesium SR1 release.
- Removed Karaf: Having Java SE as a runtime, you can use a framework of your choice, not only Karaf
- Improved Speed: Improved memory management & speed
- Modularity: Your application code can start, stop & restart modules, as required
- OpenDaylight to lighty.io Migration
- BGP Route Reflector
- OpenFlow Integration
- OVSDB & OpenFlow
- Migration of ONAP SDNC to lighty.io
- NETCONF Device on ARM
- Migration of OpenDaylight TransportPCE to lighty.io
- Rapid NETCONF Controller Integration Testing
- lighty-codecs - Easy to use IO YANG data operations
- lighty-core - OpenDaylight core services: MD-SAL, Controller, yangtools, Clustering
- lighty-examples - Examples and applications
- lighty-models - Example YANG models and YANG model artifacts
- lighty-modules - OpenDaylight NorthBound (NB) and SouthBound (SB) plugin initializers
- lighty-resources - Resource artifacts
Build & Install
In order to build and install lighty.io artifacts locally, follow the steps below:
- Install JDK - make sure JDK 11 is installed
- Install maven - make sure you have maven 3.5.4 or later installed
Setup maven - make sure you have the proper settings.xml in your
Build & Install locally - by running command:
mvn clean install -DskipTests
Migration from OpenDaylight to lighty.io
This guide describes the migration procedure from OpenDaylight/Karaf application to lighty.io. It contains a summary of practical experiences, based on real-life OpenDaylight project migrations.
Run JUnit & IT tests
lighty.io project contains JUnit & integration tests. Because a complete OpenDaylight/lighty.io controller is often started with south-bound and north-bound plugins, these tests are often required. IT tests are comparable with single-feature tests in ODL/Karaf environment - but much faster.
Before starting IT tests, please make sure that ports 8080, 8888, 8185, 2550 are free on localhost.
To run unit and integration tests, use the command:
mvn clean install
Support, FAQ & Use-Cases
If you are interested in lighty.io, require technical support, need blogs, FAQ, technical articles and more examples, visit lighty.io