Searchlight by AppsCode is a Kubernetes operator for Icinga. If you are running production workloads in Kubernetes, you probably want to be alerted when things go wrong. Icinga periodically runs various checks on a Kubernetes cluster and sends notifications if detects an issue. It also nicely supplements whitebox monitoring tools like, Prometheus with blackbox monitoring can catch problems that are otherwise invisible, and also serves as a fallback in case internal systems completely fail. Searchlight is a TPR controller for Kubernetes built around Icinga to address these issues. Searchlight can do the following things for you:
- Periodically run various checks on a Kubernetes cluster and its nodes or pods.
- Includes a suite of check commands written specifically for Kubernetes.
- Searchlight can send notifications via Email, SMS or Chat.
- Supplements the whitebox monitoring tools like Prometheus.
To install Searchlight, please follow the guide here.
Want to learn how to use Searchlight? Please start here.
Want to help improve Searchlight? Please start here.
Wondering what features are coming next? Please visit here.
The searchlight operator collects anonymous usage statistics to help us learn how the software is being used and
how we can improve it. To disable stats collection, run the operator with the flag
- Many thanks to Icinga project.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to us.