Add a description here...
npm i -S seng-boilerplate
We also have browser, amd, commonjs, umd, systemjs and es6 versions of this module available attached to the Github Releases.
Check the build section below to see your you can build for all the targets yourself.
import SengBoilerplate from 'seng-boilerplate'; // import SengBoilerplate from 'seng-boilerplate/lib/classname'; // do something with SengBoilerplate
View the generated documentation.
Clone a copy of the repo:
git clone https://github.com/mediamonks/seng-boilerplate.git
Change to the seng-boilerplate directory:
Install typings cli utility:
npm install typings --global
Install dev dependencies:
Use one of the following main scripts:
npm run build # build this project npm run dev # run dev-watch mode, seving example/index.html in the browser npm run generate # generate all artifacts (compiles ts, webpack, docs and coverage) npm run typings # install .d.ts dependencies (done on install) npm run test-unit # run the unit tests npm run validate # runs validation scripts, including test, lint and coverage check npm run lint # run tslint on this project npm run doc # generate typedoc documentation npm run typescript-npm # just compile the typescript output used in the npm module
When installing this module, it adds a pre-push hook, that runs the
script before committing, so you can be sure that everything checks out.
If you want to create the distribution files yourself, you can run the
build-dist script, and the following files will get generated in the
/dist/seng-boilerplate.js: bundled with webpack, can be loaded from
a script tag, available as
- /dist/seng-boilerplate.min.js: same as above, but minified
- /dist/seng-boilerplate-amd.js: bundled with webpack, can be used with e.g. requirejs
- /dist/seng-boilerplate-commonjs.js: bundled with webpack, can be used in systems that support commonjs, but you should just use npm
- /dist/seng-boilerplate-umd.js: bundled with webpack, works in the browser, with requirejs, and in a commonjs system
- /dist/seng-boilerplate-umd.min.js: same as above, but minified
- /dist/seng-boilerplate-system.js: bundled with typescript, can be used in systems that support systemjs
- /dist/seng-boilerplate-es6.zip: transpiled with typescript, only types are removed from the source files
MIT © MediaMonks
About this boilerplate
Remove this section when cloning this boilerplate to a real project!
This boilerplate contains the following folders:
- /config - Contains the config files for karma and webpack
- /coverage - Contains the generated test code coverage, is sent to Code Climage and Coveral.io.
- /dist - Contains the compiled code in different forms for manual usage.
- /doc - Can contain additional documentation.
- /docs/typedoc/ - Contains the generated documentation by typedoc.
- /example - Can contain additional examples on how to use this module.
/lib - Contains the built code from
src/lib, will be published to npm.
/node_modules - Contains the node modules generated by running
- /script - Contains scripts being called from npm scripts.
- /src - Contains the source code.
- /test - Contains the tests.
/typings - Contains the .d.ts files generated by running
- /vendor - Can contain 3rd party code used in this project, when not available on npm.
This boilerplate contains the following files:
- /config/karma.conf.js - Configuration for Karma test runner.
- /config/webpack.conf.js - Configuration for Webpack builds.
- /script/webpack.js - Creates all the different webpack dist builds.
- .codeclimate.yml - The Code Climate configuration for this project.
- .editorconfig - Defines general formatting rules.
- .gitignore - These files should not end up in git.
- .npmignore - These files should not end up in npm.
- .travis.yml - Configuration for Travis CI.
- AUTHORS.md - Contains a list of all the authors that worked on this module.
- CONTRIBUTING.md - Contains information on how to contribute on this project.
- index.d.ts - The built Typescript definitions, referenced in the package.json. Will be published to npm.
- index.d.ts - The built Typescript index, referenced in the package.json. Will be published to npm.
- LICENSE - Our license file.
- package.json - To list the npm package information, all the dependencies, and contains all the scripts that can be run.
- README.MD - This file, remove the about section when cloning this boilerplate.
- tsconfig.json - The TypeScript configuration file for this project.
- /test/tsconfig.json - The TypeScript configuration file for the tests.
- tslint.json - The linting rules for our TypeScript code.
- typings.json - The .d.ts dependencies for this project.
Todo: describe TypeScript configuration and usage.
Todo: describe Karma configuration and usage.
Todo: describe TSLint configuration and usage.
Todo: describe TypeDoc configuration and usage.
This project uses Travis to build, test and publish its code to npm. Travis is free for public Github repositories.
It runs on all commits, shows the build status for pull requests, and publishes to npm when a new tag/release is created.
Travis only runs the
npm test script, so have configured that script
to run everything we want Travis to check. Besides the unit tests, we
also run our validations and linters.
The travis configuration is placed in a
.travis.yml file, consisting
of multiple sections.
- Defines the
node_jslanguage, and tells travis on which node versions to run the process.
- Before running, it needs to install some global dependencies, and when it processes some coverage results.
- It can do a npm deploy, telling it to keep the generated artifacts and only publish when run on node 4 and when a tag was committed. It also contains the email address and api key of the npm user.
- Code Climate has a travis plugin that automatically uploads the code coverage results.
Because we want to keep the npm api key secret, we generate a secure token with the Travis Client, a CLI written in ruby.
Before we can do this, we must make sure that the repository is added to Travis, because Travis needs the repository owner/name info to make sure the encrypted values only work for that repository.
First you need to login with your travis account:
$ travis login
To verify that you are logged in correctly you can check:
$ travis whoami
Then make sure you are logged in to your npm account with the adduser command:
$ npm adduser
To verify that you are logged in correctly you can check:
$ npm whoami
Now we need to grab your auth token so we can encrypt it:
$ cat ~/.npmrc # outputs: //registry.npmjs.org/:_authToken=<your_auth_token>
Then let's encrypt that token using the travis encrypt command:
$ travis encrypt <your_auth_token> Detected repository as mediamonks/seng-boilerplate, is this correct? |yes| Please add the following to your .travis.yml file: secure: "YcN...Zb="
Now copy that last line, paste it into your
.travis.yml, and make sure it looks something like this:
deploy: provider: npm email: "email@example.com" api_key: secure: "YcN...Zb="
Todo: describe Code Climate configuration and usage.
Todo: describe Coverall configuration and usage.
Todo: describe NPM configuration and usage.