ASP.NET Core MVC [Archived]
This GitHub project has been archived. Ongoing development on this project can be found in https://github.com/aspnet/AspNetCore.
Note: For ASP.NET MVC 5.x, Web API 2.x, and Web Pages 3.x (not ASP.NET Core), see https://github.com/aspnet/AspNetWebStack
ASP.NET Core MVC gives you a powerful, patterns-based way to build dynamic websites that enables a clean separation of concerns and gives you full control over markup for enjoyable, agile development. ASP.NET Core MVC includes many features that enable fast, TDD-friendly development for creating sophisticated applications that use the latest web standards.
ASP.NET Core MVC includes support for building web pages and HTTP services in a single aligned framework that can be hosted in IIS or self-hosted in your own process.
See the ASP.NET Core MVC documentation.
Related community projects:
- AspNet.Mvc.TypedRouting: A collection of extension methods providing strongly typed routing and link generation for ASP.NET Core MVC projects.
- ASP.NET MVC Boilerplate: Rich templates for ASP.NET Core MVC.
- MyTested.AspNetCore.Mvc: Powerful fluent testing framework for ASP.NET Core MVC.
- MvcDeviceDetector: Device detection mechanism to create mobile web applications.
- XmlResult: XML formatter extensions to allow defining the XML serializer type.
- AspNetCoreImageTagHelper: Tag helper for rendering images as inline base64 data.
This project is part of ASP.NET Core. You can find samples, documentation and getting started instructions for ASP.NET Core at the AspNetCore repo.
Building from source
To run a complete build on command line only, execute
build.sh without arguments. See developer documentation for more details.