Table of Contents
- Setup - The basics of getting started with test_device
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module contains a test device that only burns CPU and wall clock time to be used during performance testing. The two different knobs are intended to simulate connection and data processing overhead, as well as delays when waiting on a devices response.
Configure an arbitrary amount of devices using the
spinner type in your
device.conf. Inthe credentials you can configure extra wait times for fetching facts and retrieving resources as
get_wait_time. All times can be specified in fractional seconds.
- Create a catalog with an appropriate number of
spinnerresources in it.
- Set the
wait_timeas appropriate for the devices you want to emulate.
puppet deviceto execute those catalogs.
Understanding the required cpu and wait times to emulate a realistic work load is left as an exercise to the reader, as this is dependent on the mix of devices you are running.
There are currently no known bugs.
PRs on github always appreciated!