Python Package for controlling Alexa devices (echo dot, etc) programmatically. This was originally designed for alexa_media_player a cutstom_component for Home Assistant.
NOTE: Alexa has no official API; therefore, this library may stop
working at any time without warning.
Originally inspired by this blog (GitHub).
Additional scaffolding from simplisafe-python
Check for open features/bugs
or initiate a discussion on one.
Fork the repository.
- Install the dev environment:
- Enter the virtual environment:
- Code your new feature or bug fix.
- Write a test that covers your new functionality.
README.md with any new documentation.
- Run tests and ensure 100% code coverage for your contribution:
- Ensure you have no linting errors:
- Ensure you have no typed your code correctly:
- Add yourself to
- Submit a pull request!
Apache-2.0. By providing a contribution, you agree the contribution is licensed under Apache-2.0.