When a CSV file is uploaded to CKAN and the CSV includes all of the headers defined in the budget data package specification, the dataset is automatically converted into a budget data package (i.e. it can be exported as a budget data package). So automatically the budget data distribution is standardised and becomes usable in the different tools that support budget data packages.
This CKAN extension can be installed via pypi using
pip install ckanext-budgets
If you have followed the CKAN installation documentation remember to activate your CKAN environment (virtual environment) before installing the extension:
budgets to the list in
ckan.plugins in your CKAN
configuration file. Restart your webserver and budget data is
automatically handled for you.
- ckan.budgets.specification - JSON schema file to describe the budget data package specification used.
- ckan.budgets.countries - JSON object with country codes as keys and country names as values. Use this if you want to translate the country names into another language (default is English).
- ckan.budgets.currencies - JSON object with currency code as keys and currency names as values. Use this if you want to translated the currency names into another language (default is English).
- ckan.budgets.statuses - JSON object representing the different status of data with keys as proposed, approved, adjusted or executed) and with the English description of those statuses as values. Use this if you want to translate description into another language (status keys should remain intact).
- ckan.budgets.default.country - Country code of a default country which is auto-selected.
- ckan.budgets.default.currency - Currency code of a default currency which is auto-selected.
Copyright (C) 2014 Open Knowledge Foundation
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.