Flexitopic integrates the easy use of plone collections with a Flexigrid AJAX view. The criteria from the topic are taken to construct a simple query form to narrow down a search inside a collection. Subtopics are displayed inside tabs of the (old style) collection. It works with new (plone.app.collection.Collection) and old (Products.ATContentTypes.ATTopic) style collections
Flexitopic does not install a new content type but just adds an additional view to the collection type.
it requires JQuery only (built into plone 4) no JQuery UI
Add a collection. Criteria of the collection will be used to build a form to narrow down your search inside the collection. If the criterion (the index in portal_catalog) is sortable you can sort this column. Not all criteria types can be used as input for Flexi-collection so beware.
- Search Text
- full text search inside the collections. If you leave the criterion value empty users can search for content containing that text, if the value is not empty it will search for this text plus the text the user supplied.
- search or sort by title (see above)
- search description only (search see above, no sorting here!)
- Dates (effective, created, ...)
- will be converted to date ranges and can be selected with the JQuery JSlider Plugin
- Location (path index)
- will not be displayed in the search form and always be applied to the query
- Keyword Indices (like tags)
a drop down list will be generated to narrow the search down
- if the criterion operator is AND the list will contain all unique values of the index minus the ones you selected, the query will search for all terms that match your criteria plus the user input (old style ciolletions only)
- if the criterion is OR the terms you selected will be display in the selection list. The search will be for the user supplied input only. This is the behaviour for new style collections.
The output is always a table with the fields you supplied in the
Table Columns of the collection, no matter if
Display as Table
is checked or not.
Subtopics (old style collections only)
Flexitopic will display subtopics as tabs on top of the page. The first
tab is the description of the topic, subtopics will occupy the following
tabs. Subtopics will always be displayed as (plain html) tables defined
by the criteria,
Table Columns and the
Number of Items of the
You can display Topics and Collections in a Flexitopic portlet. The Portlet is mainly meant to be used with products that let you dispay portlets inside the content area such as ContentWellPortlets or PortletPages but it may be usefull as a 'real' portlet in edge cases as well.
This addon can be installed has any other addons, please follow official documentation.
Add to buildouts configuration
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.flexitopic
Re-run buildout, e.g. with
Restart Plone and activate the product in Plones Add-on configuration section.
- Code repository
- Questions and comments
- Bug Reports