Djaken is a complete web-based notes application for Django.
Version 2.0.2 released! (2018/12/15)
Version 2.0rc1 released! (2018/12/06)
Version 2.0b1 released! (2018/04/14)
Changes in 2.0~:
- Replace Markdown with reStructuredText.
- Move inline images to seperate model (DB) field, thus avoiding search and markup processing on bulky image data. It also takes away the encoded image data from the markup text.
- GUI: several improvements (HTML templates and CSS).
- GUI: Edit Note; change "Save and Close" button to icon and have all three save and close permutations at top and bottom of note.
- CODING: Change 'Generic Views' back to regular/full Django views.
- FIXED: Page reload after going back to unlock encrypted note re-submits encryption key (password).
- Disable browser caching as much as possible.
- Intuitive, simple and stream-lined user interface.
- Login/logout of the notes application.
- Create and edit notes in reStructuredText.
- Attach inline images (within a note).
- Notes can be marked 'Not relevant', and if so, are kept out of view by default.
- Encrypted notes (stored in database using an AES symmetric cipher).
- Keyword search of note title and content.
- Sort by modified/created date.
Options / Settings
- DJAKEN_BRANDING_TITLE (str:default='Djaken Notes')
Add "djaken" to your INSTALLED_APPS setting like this:
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ... 'djaken', ]
Include the djaken URLconf in your project urls.py like this:
python manage.py migrateto create the djaken models.
Start the development server and visit http://127.0.0.1:8000/djaken/ to start adding notes.
Only viewable on GitHub project page
All Notes (homepage)
Unlock an encrypted note