Python HTTP client to the Ergast Motor Racing Data API
This is a work in progress. The goal is to create a convenient python client for the Ergast Developer API.
- include all the resource types the API makes available
- allow a wide range of the filtering and custom requests of the API
- be organized into packages for each resource type
- convert the data to not all be strings. (ergast sends back all strings)
- be well tested, unit and integration.
- have methods for really commmon requests
- have aquery builder for custom requests
- inspire more ideas as I go.
- have constantly improving documentation
Generic Custom Request
from ergast import Request, client req = Request(resource='results', id='1', criteria=dict(drivers='ricciardo')) result = client.send(req) # Result is the data from following request listing the races won by Daniel Ricciardo # GET http://ergast.com/api/f1/drivers/ricciardo/results/1.json
Convenience Methods by resource type
import ergast ergast.seasons.by_driver('ricciardo') # Convenience for doing: # req = Request(resource='seasons', criteria=dict(drivers='ricciardo')) # result_data = client.send(req) # result_data['MRData']['SeasonTable']['Seasons']