A library to manage odoo add-ons.
Gitoo downloads the add-ons from the given git repository and place them in the given folder.
During the process, only the folders of the add-on survive of the final move. Elements like README, setup.py or even the folder .git are excluded from the move. It keeps the folder light.
At Numigi, gitoo is used to populate the dockers with the wanted odoo addons.
gitoo contains the following command:
A tool for creating backups of a database.
gitoo install_all --conf_file gitoo.yml --destination /mnt/extra-addons
- The parameter
--conf_fileexpects a path to a config file. The parameter defaults to
- The parameter
--destinationexpects the path where the add-ons should be copied to. The parameter defaults to
Gitoo uses a config file, in yml, to know what add-ons should be downloaded and how.
Download odoo add-ons
A typical config file to get odoo add-ons would look like:
- url: https://github.com/OCA/website branch: 11.0 commit: 899a2219d35a259422ce916ba99947108bc3cc3c - url: https://github.com/OCA/hr branch: 11.0 commit: 0e72182eab23438edf444f4aae3a808d10784082 patches: - url: https://github.com/Numigi/odoo-hr branch: 11.0-mig-hr_experience commit: 4af0fc7c353864b573dc4543c2f8ae59d168ba69
- The first section downloads the code of the repo website from the branch 11.0. It also forces to be at a precise commit
- The second section shows how to apply patches
Special cas of Odoo source code
Gitoo allows to manage the source code of odoo almost like any other code:
- url: https://github.com/odoo/odoo branch: "11.0" base: true
- The code downloads odoo from the branch 11.0. The argument base informs gitoo that the repo is actually the code of the application, not a simple add-on.