goji is a minimal command line client for JIRA.
Installation on macOS using Homebrew:
$ brew install kylef/formulae/goji
Install goji using pip:
$ pip install goji
Once installed, goji requires the base URL of your Atlassian suite to be configured to run commands. It can be specified as a command argument or as an environment variable.
$ export GOJI_BASE_URL=https://example.atlassian.net
$ goji --base-url https://example.atlassian.net show GOJI-43
To authenticate, use the
login command. This step is required to use
the other commands:
$ goji login
- login - Authenticate with JIRA server
- whoami - View information regarding current user
- show - Show details about issue
- create - Create a new issue
- assign - Assign an issue to a user
- unassign - Unassign a user from an issue
- comment - Comment on an issue
- change-status - Change the status of an issue
- edit - Edit issue description
- open - Open issue in a web browser
- search - Search issues using JQL
- sprint - Collection of commands to manage sprints
Authenticate with a JIRA server.
$ goji login Email: email@example.com Password:
Show detailed information about an issue.
$ goji show GOJI-1 -> GOJI-1 As a user, I would like to view an issue status - Status: Closed - Creator: Kyle Fuller (kylef) - Assigned: Kyle Fuller (kylef) - URL: https://cocode.atlassian.net/browse/GOJI-1 Related issues: - Relates to: GOJI-2 (Closed)
Opens an issue in your browser.
$ goji open GOJI-1
assign / unassign
Assigns yourself or another user to an issue.
$ goji assign GOJI-1 You have been assigned to GOJI-1. $ goji assign GOJI-1 sam sam has been assigned to GOJI-1. $ goji unassign GOJI-1 GOJI-1 has been unassigned.
Add a comment to an issue, editing text in your
$ goji comment GOJI-1
Search issues using JQL
$ goji search "project=GOJI AND assignee=sam" GOJI-21 Update core metrics GOJI-40 Remove expired food from fridge
Change the status of an issue
$ goji change-status GOJI-311 "done" Fetching possible transitions... Okay, the status for GOJI-311 is now "Done".
$ goji change-status GOJI-311 Fetching possible transitions... 0: To Do 1: In Progress 2: Done Select a transition: 1 Okay, the status for GOJI-311 is now "In Progress".
- create - Create a sprint
goji is released under the BSD license. See LICENSE.