jlv is an extremely straightforward command line app for keeping a journal on your local machine
Users who enjoy using the terminal and keeping personal information on their local machine
Starts up vim with an untitled entry
Starts up vim with an entry titled Birthday!
jlv "I had an amazing birthday!!"
Starts up vim with an entry titled I had an amazing birthday!!
- Opportunity to provide journal entry title before and after writing
- The journal entry title appears on the first line of every entry.
- The journal entry filename becomes "<title>.txt"
- If no title is given, the title becomes "untitled" and the filename becomes "untitled_YYYY-MM-DD_HH:MM:SS"
- Each journal entry receives a "created YYYY-MM-DD_HH:MM:SS" subheader
jlv -popens the previous journal entry with the cursor already on the last line