A command line tool for CHANGELOG files that follow the Keep A Changelog standard.
kac in the same directory as your Changelog. By default,
kac looks for a file called
Usage: kac [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]... Options: --help Show this message and exit. Commands: bump Bump a Changelog. copy Copy a version's release text.
- Must be run in the same directory as your CHANGELOG file
- Assumes you have changes in the "Unreleased" section
- Only works for semver
- Only supports versions in the
MAJOR.MINOR.PATCHformat. A beta version ending in
-beta, for example, will fail.
- Add default text for versions with no notable changes
- Add tests
- Add support for generating an empty Changelog template
- Undo bump
- Support labels for pre-release and build metadata