The MongoElector project provides two pieces of distributed coordination; Distributed locks via 'MongoLocker' and master elections via 'MongoElector'. MongoElector makes heavy use of MongoLocker, but the locking functionality within MongoLocker can be used separately.
- Free software: GPLv3
- Documentation: https://mongoelector.readthedocs.io.
As of 0.3.0 release, the distributed master election functionality is working. Additional features and functionality as well as bug fixes and minor API changes will be ongoing over the next couple of minor releases.
- Simple API to allow distributed master election
- Distributed locking via MongoDB
- Ensure/Verify a specific instance holds the lock
- Cluster Health and Management within MongoElector