pyApp - A python application framework
Let us handle the boring stuff!
Many features inspired by Django, but modified to be more general for use outside of web applications.
With pyApp 4.0, versions of Python < 3.6 are no longer supported.
So what do we handle?
- Configuration - Loading, merging your settings from different sources
- Python modules
- File and HTTP(S) endpoints for JSON and YAML files.
- Instance Factories - Configuration of plugins, database connections, or just
implementations of an
ABC. Leveraging settings to make setup of your application easy and reduce coupling.
- Dependency Injection - Easy to use dependency injection without complicated setup.
- Checks - A framework for checking settings are correct and environment is operating correctly (your ops team will love you)?
- Extensions - Extend the basic framework with extensions. Provides deterministic startup, extension of the CLI and the ability to register checks and extension specific default settings.
- Application - Provides a extensible and simple CLI interface for running commands, comes with built-in commands to execute check, setting and extension reports.
- Logging - Initialise and apply sane logging defaults.
- Highly tested and ready for production use.
Extensions for LDAP, Paramiko.
Contributions are most welcome, be it in the form of a extension and factories for your favourite service client of bug reports, feature enhancements.
The core of pyApp is intended to remain simple and only provide required features with extensions providing optional more specific functionality.