PyArmor is a command line tool used to obfuscate python scripts, bind obfuscated scripts to fixed machine or expire obfuscated scripts. It protects Python scripts by the following ways:
- Obfuscate code object to protect constants and literal strings.
- Obfuscate co_code of each function (code object) in runtime.
- Clear f_locals of frame as soon as code object completed execution.
- Verify the license file of obfuscated scripts while running it.
Refer to Protect Python Scripts By PyArmor
- Python 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and Python3
- Prebuilt Platform: win32, win_amd64, linux_i386, linux_x86_64, macosx_x86_64
- Embedded Platform: Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, Orange Pi, TS-4600 / TS-7600
Refer to docs/platforms.rst
pip install pyarmor
pyarmor obfuscate examples/simple/queens.py
Run obfuscated scripts
cd dist python queens.py
Pack obfuscated scripts with
pip install pyinstaller pyarmor pack examples/py2exe/hello.py
Generate an expired license and run obfuscated scripts with new license
pyarmor licenses --expired 2018-12-31 Customer-Jondy cp licenses/Customer-Jondy/license.lic dist/ cd dist/ python queens.py
Start webui, open web page in browser for basic usage of PyArmor
PyArmor is published as shareware. Free trial version never expires, the limitations are
- The maximum size of code object is 35728 bytes in trial version
- The scripts obfuscated by trial version are not private. It means anyone could generate the license file which works for these obfuscated scripts.
About the license file of obfuscated scripts, refer to The License File for Obfuscated Script
A registration code is required to obfuscate big code object or generate private obfuscated scripts.
- Personal user: one registration code is enough.
- Company user: one registration code is only used for one project/product.
For details, refer to About License.
A registration code will be sent to your immediately after payment is completed successfully.
After you receive the email which includes registration code, run the following command to make it effective::
pyarmor register CODE
Note that command
register is introduced from
please upgrade the old version to the latest one, or directly replace
the content of
license.lic in the
PyArmor installed path with the
registration code only (no newline).
Check new license works
The registration code is valid forever, it can be used permanently.