Run Yorick from Python
The pyorick package starts yorick as a subprocess and provides an interface between python and yorick interpreted code.
- exec or eval arbitrary yorick code strings
- get or set yorick variables
- call yorick functions or subroutines with python arguments
- get or set slices of large yorick arrays
- terminal mode to interact with yorick by keyboard through python
Most of the data is exchanged via binary pipes between the two interpreters. Yorick runs in a request-reply mode. Python prints anything yorick sends to stdout or stderr except prompts.