This project use Python SANE to connect to the scanner so it can be made compatible with any supported scanner with proper options set. Feel free to send pull requests to add support for more scanners.
The GUI is created using Python Kivy, so it should work with any platform / touch screen supported by this framework (with SANE. Again, feel free to send pull request for screen size / ratio or pixel density adaptations.
- Handle ultra-fast Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) scanners like ScanSnap iX500
- Generates an optimized multi-page / multi-size PDF
- Send PDFs by email
- Multi profiles selector
- Touchscreen UI
- On screen preview of scanned documents
- Works on Linux and any platform supported by both Python Kivy and SANE
This document assumes you have a Raspberry Pi already attached to a touch display with Raspbian Jessi installed:
- Follow Kivy installation instruction
scanmanwith its dependencies with
sudo pip install scanman
- Customize the
sample-settings.yamlfile with your settings
You can launch
scanman using the pi user or as root as follow:
To add scanman as a systemd service on Rasbian, create the following file in
[Unit] Description=ScanMan [Service] User=pi Group=pi Restart=on-failure ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/scanman /etc/scanman.yaml [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target
All source code is licensed under the MIT License.