Simple Photo Gallery
With Simple Photo Gallery you can create beautiful and simple photo galleries that help you tell your story. Check out the example gallery.
- Responsive layout suitable for any device (including touch gestures support).
- Image captions extracted from the image metadata (EXIF tags).
- Fully customizable layout with sensible defaults to get started quickly.
- Create a gallery from an existing OneDrive or Google Photos album, without downloading the photos.
- Automatic upload of the gallery to AWS S3 or Netlify.
Simple Photo Gallery can be easily installed with
pip. If you don't have
pip, please install the latest Python release.
pip install simple-photo-gallery
You can quickly create a gallery with the default settings. For more detailed information see Usage.
- Collect all the photos and videos you want to have in the gallery into a folder.
- Open a terminal and go to the folder with your photos. Use the following command to initialize the gallery. The script will ask you a few questions, like gallery name or background image. You can always just press Enter for the default settings and change them later.
- To generate the photos' thumbnails and to create the gallery HTML, CSS and JS files use the following command:
The gallery is ready! You can view it by opening the
index.html file in the
public folder. The
public folder contains all the files you need for your gallery and you can host it on any static hosting provider.
Note Your photos and videos are copied in
- Optionally, you can directly publish the gallery on Netlify, which offers a free plan.
For Netlify you just need a free account and then you can run the following command to upload to a new website.
gallery-upload aws s3://<your_bucket>/<path>/
Simple Photo Gallery is developed by Vladimir Haltakov. I wanted an easy way to share photos with friends, but wasn't happy with the limited customization options that existing sharing solutions like Amazon Photos or iCloud offer.
Please contact me on Twitter if you have any questions, ideas for improvement or feature requests.