Drayton Wiser Hub API v 1.0.3
This repository contains a simple API which queries the Drayton Wiser Heating sysystem used in the UK.
The API functionality provides the following functionality
- Ability to query all rooms
- Ability to query all thermostats and room stats
- Ability to set temperature of room and TRV thermostats
- Ability to query various data about the system (like heating status)
The project is closely associated with the Wiser HomeAssitant component availabe here https://github.com/asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform
1. Find your HeatHub Secret key
Press the setup button on your HeatHub, the light will start flashing Look for the Wi-Fi network (SSID) called ‘WiserHeatXXX’ where XXX is random
Connect to the network from a Windows/Linux/Mac machine
Execute the secret url :-)
- For Windows use
Invoke-RestMethod -Method Get -UseBasicParsing -Uri http://192.168.8.1/secret/
- For Linux (or Windows WSL) use
This will return a string which is your system secret, store this somewhere. If you are running the test script simply put this value , with the ip address of the hub, in your wiserkeys.params
- For Windows use
Press the setup button on the HeatHub again and it will go back to normal operations
Copy the secret and save it somewhere.
3. Find Your HEATHUB IP
Using your router, or something else, identify the IP address of your HeatHub, it usually identifies itself as the same ID as the
4. Add values in you wiserkeys.params
Create a file called wiserkeys.params and place two lines, one with the wiser IP and the other with the key it self. e.g.
5. Run the sample
To help understand the api simply look at the sample code
wiserapitest.py and the fully commented code.
Documentation available in apidocs.html and within comments in the code
- Added ability to turn trvs off and then back on by using setRoomMode
- Fixed bug in setRoomTemperature that wasnt checking the ranges properly
- Changed temperature variables to be the real variable, and internally *10