WARNING: This is highly experimental
DISCLAIMER: This is a personal project. This is not an official Google product.
What is Butterfly?
A web framework heavily inspired by Flutter.
The goal of the project is conceptual and language compatibility with Flutter. An explicit non-goal is "write once, run anywhere". Butterfly intentionally shares no code with Flutter. However, because of the same language and framework architecture, many of the skills, tools, libraries and platform-independent code can be shared with Flutter apps.
- A widget system almost identical to that of Flutter
- Flutter-like development mode:
- Debug code inside your IDE
Who is Butterfly for?
- For app developers who build mobile apps using Flutter, and who also need to build web apps. Butterfly gives you a single conceptual model for writing your apps for both web and mobile, and allows the reuse of big chunks of code.
- For Flutter developers who need to run parts of their app within a WebView.
- For Dart developers who prefer functional-reactive programming style.