A GUI for Django ORM. Build custom queries and display results.
Targets sys admins and capable end users who might not be able to program or gain direct interactive shell access.
- Added Django 2.2 support. Django 1.11 and 2.1 are still supported.
- Unit tests finally run in Python 3.7 thanks to Celery supporting it
- Angular updated to version 7
- Added partial Python 3.7 support. We can't fully support Python 3.7 until Celery does.
- Added Django 2.1 support. 2.0 and 1.11 are still supported.
What is Django Report Builder?
- Add filters
- Add display fields
- Preview and create xlsx reports
- Very simple security, user must have change or "view" permission to view
reports. Unprivileged users can still build reports and see database schema.
- Model properties (thanks yekibud)
- Export to Report global admin action
- Scheduled reports can generate and send to users on cron like schedule
- Optional asynchronous report generation
Development quick start
This package uses Django in Docker and Angular CLI for development purposes.
- Start docker
- Migrate and create an admin user
docker-compose run --rm web ./manage.py migrate
- Start the Angular CLI server. Ensure Node is installed.
- Django runs on port 8000 by default. Go to localhost:8000/admin and log in.
- Angular runs on port 4200. Now that you are logged in, go to localhost:4200
More detailed instructions are at here